Saturday, April 28, 2012

This is My Story

I changed the background of the blog to try to reflect more about the building blocks of my faith and my life. When the children were growing up I used the book shelves in our dining room to display Bible verses, truths about God and things I needed to remember spelled out with wooden building blocks. The simple things in life often speak to me more profoundly than the elaborate.

When the ability to send e-cards came along one of my favorites became the photo of crayon tips of various hues in the box. I would use a sentiment like "In the crayon box of life, a broken arm is just one color" changing the underlined incident as the needs changed.

All sorts of things have been object lessons for me in my faith journey. The pony bit I showed on April 10 is a perfect example.


The Lord has given me so many object lessons it gets humorous after a while. Perhaps I will blog the rest of my life just about the common, everyday things He has used to guide and direct my path! That is, if I can tease them out. You see, often they become part of the fabric of my life so it is difficult to remember when they were not a part of me and how they became a part of me!

Part of Luke 19:17 (TLB) says
"You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you"

I pray you will be blessed as I continue to share the small things with you.

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.