Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Living Water

Here is another of my building blocks. It can be a powerful prayer for your self or on behalf of others!
 
John 7:37 says: "Then, on the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If any man is thirsty, he can come to me and drink! The man who believes in me, as the scripture says, will have rivers of living water flowing from his inmost heart.” Here he was speaking about the Spirit which those who believe in him would receive. The Holy Spirit had not yet been given because Jesus had not yet been glorified. When they heard these words, some of the people were saying, “This really is the Prophet.” Others said, “This is Christ!” But some said, “And does Christ come from Galilee? Don’t the scriptures say that Christ will be descended from David, and will come from Bethlehem, the village where David lived?” “Has he pulled the wool over your eyes, too?” retorted the Pharisees. “Have any of the authorities or any of the Pharisees believed in him? But this crowd, who know nothing about the Law, is damned anyway!”"
 
 
Rather than debate the issue of Christ giving us living water, I have prayed for more living water for years. He has always provided what I need when I need it. You see, He has never let me thirst for righteousness so long that I gave up. He pours forth His living water in my inmost heart and floods me with His springs of refreshing.
 
I urge you to pray asking Him to open the stream of living water within your inmost heart. Watch and see what He will do!
 

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.