Monday, April 23, 2012

"In Stillness Yield to His Working"

Early in my walk with the Lord I read this quote from the writings of William Law and made it my rule:

"First duty of the day is to get in the right place of dependence before God,

in meek patient, humble resignation to Him.

IN STILLNESS YIELD TO HIS WORKING

and expect deliverance nowhere but from God Himself."

Concerning several aspects of my life, I had been asking God, "Why?" His reply was "You may ask 'Why?' or you may become a "Y," arms lifted in praise and surrender, face lifted to heaven, looking up for the return of Your King." What a contrast! So I chose His way and even today I am blessed when He shows me another image in nature or signage that reminds me to yield to Him.

While we visited in Corrales, New Mexico recently I went for a walk and found this vine.




The seed pods were clattering in the wind.




Upon examinaiton I found this curious pod. I know the photo is out of focus, but I think you will get the idea.




Even now, He calls me to lift my arms to Him, be it as a child in need of holding, or an adult in worship.

How might you yield to Him today in your everyday life? In what ways is He asking you to hold still and praise Him when all around you is clattering in the wind of life? In stillness YIELD to His working and watch His power unfold around you.

I went back to this vine later to find another seed pod as this one had gotten crushed. Do you know there was not one other pod on that vine that looked like this one? The Lord works in miraculous ways His wonders to perform!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.