Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How the Lord Wants Us to Be

Psalm 32:8-9 (NRSV) reads:
 I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.  Do not be like a horse or a mule, without understanding, whose temper must be curbed with bit and bridle, else it will not stay near you.



Imagine my surprise when we shopping in the Amish saddle and boot store a number of years ago and there was an item I was to purchase. A pony bit. I am all about object lessons and remember Scripture best when I have an illustration to anchor it.


So imagine when you are stubborn or temperamental how it would feel to have to wear a pony bit! That is what the Lord says is the way to curb the horse or the mule. And He does not want us to be like that.

As you can see, I sometimes need the added leverage when I am without understanding and will not stay near Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.