Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Prayer 1979

PRAYER

By Molly Lin Dutina9-7-79


A prayer

Prayed in truth and faith

Through the Blood of Jesus,

Is as a drop of water

Upon the river of life;

Sending out endless

Ripples and waves

Throughout creation.

As the prayer is said

The answer begins movement.

 

How many times have you prayed and only much, much later learned the positive results of your prayer?

I found this truth in 1979 and it continues to be played out in my life today. Recently I felt the urge to pray for a cousin of mine who I do not keep in touch with. Not 10 days later, today, I got a phone call that her husband died last week and the memorial service is this Saturday. I was glad I was obedient to pray for her when she came to mind. I have no idea the circumstance of his passing, but I am certain the Holy Spirit called me to prayer that day.

When people say "I thought of you the other day" I ask them to pray for me next time that happens. We cannot know the going-ons in each other's lives moment by moment, but the Lord can keep track of all of us and urge us to support each other with prayers, day or night.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.