Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Things Afoot




I have been known to write verse at various seasons of my life. I want to begin to share some of those with the blog readers.  I know you are out there, because the blog tallies how many people look at the blog. The comments do not reflect the traffic! So though there are readers who do not comment, I hope and pray the things I share will bless you in your journey with the Savior and each other. 
There is a new thing rolling around in my spirit that I hope to illustrate with a few lines and poems. Bear with me and see if there might be something in your life experience that corresponds with these ideas?

MADE NEW
by Molly Lin Dutina   October, 1978

All things are made new …
Being made over is a difficult thing.
Yielding  bending  changing
I opened the door and invited Him in
But it’s hard to dismantle the door closer
I find I keep closing that door
And then I need to invite Him in all over again.
Christ offers us a new life
But we have to yield to Him.

Lord, give me the strength to change.

To walk with the Lord
We must first unpack our bags,
Remove the unnecessary costumes,
Discard the excess equipment
We gathered on our own, and
Let the Lord provide for our journey.


Then 4 years later, in 1982, I was inspired to write:
"BRAND NEW"  by Molly Lin Dutina 82-2-23

“Behold, the old has passed away …all things are become new!” 2 COR 5:17

“I do not want to make you pass through old pains and sorrows.
I want you to let go of your fear of old pain and sorrows.
I want only to make you a new creation, filled with new strengths to meet old problems, free of old fears and hindrances.

“Let go of the old stuff and let Me make you new, brand new,
like nothing you have ever experienced before on earth.

“I am with you always and will never leave you.

“Trust My love.”

Remember not the former things,
          Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
          Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?  ISA 43:18

Now 30 years later, April, 2012, I am hearing ISA 48:6-7 as if I had never read it before:
Now I am revealing new things to you
Things hidden and unknown to you
Created just now; this very moment
Of these things you have heard nothing until now
So that you cannot say, Oh yes, I knew this.

Even in my sixties the Lord is created and doing a new thing! And how about in your journey? Are you hearing Him whisper to you about something new He desires? We must listen and wait and depend upon Him for its completion. His greatest desire is our intimacy with Him, dependence upon Him, and obedience to Him. He expects us to work in the area of obedience, but we are simply  co-laborers with Him. His plan and His will are the guiding force and His Spirit will empower.  He is a holy God, holy and mighty, the holy immortal One. 
Come Creator, and have Your own way in us. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.