Friday, February 3, 2012

I Ams Chapter 2 Bread


Chapter 2 in Connelly's book is based on John 6:25-51. Verse 27 reads "Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on him that God the Father has set his seal."So for this lesson we arranged for fresh bread to be coming out of the oven just as the adults were arriving for the study. Have you smelled fresh bread baking lately? Oh what a fragrance!

The Lord says he is BETTER than any fresh bread you ever had. His food endures for eternity! He promises He will give us this bread. And the people repeat the phrase that the woman in John 4 used.
"They said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always."  Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

What is the best bread you have ever eaten from the hand of the Lord?

2 comments:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.