Saturday, February 18, 2012

"His love waters our thirsty soul."

As you might know I have been studying the "I ams" of Jesus. Also beginning to study a book with a friend entitled When the Soul Listens FINDING REST AND DIRECTION IN CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER " by Jan Johnson. She quotes A. W. Tozer's reflection upon God's love. I thought you might enjoy resting in this description!

"When our soul is dry, contemplation connects us with
 the One who 'is  eternal {so} His love can have no end;
because He is infinite, it has no limit;
because He is holy, it is the quintessence of all spotless purity;
because He is immense, His love is an incomprehensibly vast, bottomless, shoreless sea before which we kneel in joyful silence.'" His love waters our thirsty soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.