Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Windy End of Winter

When I was on retreat last weekend I took a walk about the grounds. As you can hear on the video the wind was gusty. It was cold, too! Maybe a wind chill of low 30's? But look! On the end of that branch is a flower. Even as the wind whips about it the flower is preparing for the future. Spring is on the way!!

 Yesterday morning there were 5 daffodil blooms on our back hill. Later in the morning there were 8! This morning there are at least 20 in bloom. Winter was a disappointment with no snow here to speak of. Spring is going to burst out even though the snows did not come through.

I planted snow drop bulbs last autumn, but I have not seen them bloom yet. Also bought some tiny daffodils, I think they were called "Tom Thumbs"? I hope they bloom soon. Can't quite remember the exact location in the front flower bed!
Watch for surprises and delights throughout your day!

1 comment:

  1. I guess its time to at least see some snow on the mountains..how about we head west.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.