Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Called Forth From the Cave

Though I was inspired to write this down in 1982, it continues to be reinforced in my life over and over as TRUTH.  Do you know that a Mina in the New Testament was valued at about $16.00 in today's currency? See if you think this writing speaks truth about your Christian journey, too??

I have been told so many things 
     and dealt so many blows.
But now my heart begins to sing
   an old song, soft and low.

He's taught me by His Word and way
   the first few miles of loving.
I've many lessons yet to learn
  but first I must begin.

Our culture and sophisticated ways
   just keep us from each other.
Barriers come into play
   where open meadows belong.
   
My soul is crowded about
   by specters of loneliness.
The risk of vulnerability has become
            more inviting than the haunt of ISOLATION.
It is as though I am breaking out
   of an ancient inner prison.
I must get close to as many as will let me.
   The risk is not to be counted.
We've got to touch,
   We're not so unalike.
We are all made in His image,
   but we are not our own.
Like calls unto like,
   deep calls unto deep,
And the power of His Spirit
     is knitting us together.
The pleasures of His bounty
      are not to be hoarded - but shared.
How can we assume
       to participate in His Spirit
           behind a crumbling wall of self? 
      
Jesus walks through walls. 

In some ways, I am scared 
   of investing my minae,          
But I tremble at the thought of just
   burying them in Jesus' name.
Father, You have called me to this,
   slowly, as I crept from the mouth of that cave.
You alone can put me over.
   To You I belong.
Show me how to be Your child,  
   how to represent You well. 
I look for help to none other,
   teach me, as You did Your Son.

You alone have made me worthy,
   You alone will see me through.
Help me with Your love and mercy,
   deep compassion, grace and truth. 

Now I stand before You yielded.
   Make me into something new.
You have plans
    now please reveal them.
Show me how to touch and move.
    Give me holy eyes to see with,
Holy ears and holy hands.
     Help me learn to only speak when
I have heard what You command.

Others may not understand,
     few will ever know.
I'm willing to live by Your plan.  
     You are the final goal.


My intimacy with You
    will effect those in this realm.
I'm burdened by this bounty
     I've collected from Your stores.
Show me where to give it
     so I can discover more.



 
           

1 comment:

  1. The risk of vulnerability has become more inviting than the haunt of ISOLATION.

    Only to live that way every day full of honesty.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.