Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lily Pads Poem

Well, I had to post the poem here as Facebook would not take the length. Hope this brings you joy and hope! In Him, Molly D.




Lily pads at the pond Molly Lin Dutina 7-21-90

Grow on stalky stems.

Leaves unfold an opened palm,

Cupped at center point.

Summer shower starts to drop

Mercurial glistening spheres,

Gathering in the center palm

Until the bulbous weight

Smears shower drops

Into glistening globs

And tips the pad so full,

To pour its contents overboard,

And rising from the spill,

Stately shielded lily-palm

Begins the cycle once more.

Drench me Lord

In Your shower of love

Let me gather and drink my fill,

Then spill it over on those around

And rise to await Your holy will.

Keep my stalk flexible,

My palm open and cupped,

Eager to receive Your all,

Questioning not Your skill,

Only trusting the shower of love,

To melt my rigid will.

Send the wind of Your Spirit

To tip me over, pour me out,

Then drench me once again

With cleansing water of holy Word.

Let Your light shine through

My enshrouding mist.

Color me with Your promise this:

Abiding presence and constant love,

Indwelling grace that conquers sin,

Transfigured rigid I

Yielded and bent

In the service of Christ,

Spilling forth rivers of living water

And giving rest unto croaky voiced frogs

Who, when Spirit-kissed,

Become priests and kings

Singing their praises to You.

2 comments:

  1. For this to make sense you also need to read the "Turtle and Bloom" posting just prior to this one. Sorry for any confusion. Molly D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you sharing this poem with me--how long ago. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.