Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eras and Music Converging in the Present

Long ago and far away there was a method of sharing sermons and encouragement called taping. Someone would set up a microphone attached to a tape recorder. When the speaker was finished the one with the equipment would make copies of the talking and sell or give them away on cassette tapes for the buyer to listen to at their leisure. :-) So old school!

I have quite a few of these old tapes. I have been trying to review them in this age of high tech so I can remember why I kept them in the first place! During my reviewing I came to some talks by Matilda Kipfer from meetings with Women's Aglow. Matilda taught us wonderful applications such as "when you wash the china, pray for China. When you sweep the floor spread around the Glory of God." She was always refreshing and inspiring. On this particular tape she encourages us to" hunger for God's Kingdom, not our own kingdom." Her power prayer hit me right in my life NOW:
" I do not want Jesus to die in vain in any area of my life."
If you pray that earnestly, you may be reminded of areas that you perhaps have not yet yielded to Him completely like I was. As I continued to confess that prayer the Lord began another deep work within me. Matilda says we should ask the Father to "work me over even in my sleep." She says the Church is to reflect the glory of His being. Our ministry is to release the life of God.

A few weeks after that, my friend, Tiffany, shared the music group she had heard about at a conference on the Holy Spirit.  Since the song was no longer available at Amazon as a download I purchased the CD. Powerful. holy stuff. Reminds me so much of "Refiner's Fire" that I have prayed/sung for years.



Song of Songs 8:6-7 (NRSV) Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is strong as death, passion fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, a raging flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If one offered for love all the wealth of one's house, it would be utterly scorned.
Matilda declares that Hell is afraid when I declare, "I do not want Jesus to die in vain in any area of my life." She encourages us to accept the responsibility and receive the responsibility of a whole person." I pray you will continue to ask the Lord Jesus to make you complete and entire in every way, lacking nothing." HEB 7:25, JAS 1:2-4 EPH 3:20


3 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Those old tapes were great.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have only one shot a listening to them-I hope you continue to glean truths we have misplaced..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Keep it up. I'm getting much from what you're writing. I don't respond often but know I'm following each post. Betty

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.