Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rest in the Word of Light

A short collection of Bible verses about the light. I suppose some would say I need a drawing of light on a larger scale, but a single candle speaks volumes to me!

Psalm 119:130 (NRSV) The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.


Isaiah 60:19 (NRSV)  The sun shall no longer be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you by night; but the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.


Luke 1:78-79 (NRSV)  By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us,  
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the way of peace."


John 8:12 (NRSV)  Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."



John 12:35-36 (NRSV)  Jesus said to them, "The light is with you for a little longer. Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness may not overtake you. If you walk in the darkness, you do not know where you are going. While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become children of light." After Jesus had said this, he departed and hid from them.
Psalm 119:105 (NRSV)  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.


Shine on, children of God!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.