Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Ams 5 Food Colors

 One of the new trends in dieting is to "eat
all the colors." How would that translate into a healthy spiritual diet?

I believe God likes variety and expects us to like it too. That means embracing change even in our life with Christ!


If I try to put God in a box and decide He will bless me if I do x- y-z everyday, He is most likely to quickly jump out of that box. One author said, "God likes to flatten boxes and use them as a dance floor!" He sure does!
So introducing variety to my spiritual life is good for us.

Some days He reminds me of a spiritual song or hymn. On really GOOD days, I can find a recording of that hymn quickly and worship with it. He sends me to great places of deeper understanding and comfort in that way.
Has a song come to your mind lately?
Have you looked for the lyrics?
Maybe the Lord is trying to tell you something!

So how does that work for me? When I first gave my heart back to the Lord in 1996, He directed me to this song. I do not even remember when I first heard it! This morning when I got up it was in my heart again. So I looked it up on You Tube for you. Now this is an OLD video of the original song, so brace yourself. No digital polish here. But there are many other listings of the same song on You Tube. If you would like to read the lyrics as it is sung choose one of those.


Jesus knows how to feed us and provide us with water the gushes up within us to eternity.
Ask Him how to enrich your diet. I would love to hear how He feeds ooyou in the comment section!  Thanks for reading along :-)



1 comment:

  1. Bob pointed out that I gave my life back to Christ in 1976! not 1996...He already had me by then!

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.