Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 14 Flag Day

Missed finishing this post due to exhaustion. Bob is very slowly on the mend from double pneumonia. Trying to get myself back on track now!
 
Mother's Day has passed for the year. Father's Day has not yet arrived. I have many friends who marvel that their Mom has died, some years ago, and they still miss her. If my Mom had lived she would be 100 this year! She has been gone 38 years, and yes, I still miss her.
When I went looking for these photos to upload I noticed that my mom and Bob's both wore short white gloves to our outdoor wedding in 1970! My, how times change!!
 
 
Here's to you Mildred Ann. I still pass on your recipes for baked beans, vegetable beef soup, chicken and dumplings and Concord grape pie. I miss you, even as I now am living longer on this earth than you did.
She died in her sleep and we found her on Flag Day. Rest in Peace, Mom.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute. And, you are gorgeous, especially in the second photo (the first doesn't do you justice). No wonder Bob fell for you.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long ago and yet so sad..I miss her as well.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.