Monday, February 25, 2013

Sittin' in Starbucks

This is one of those days where I saw the Dentist, then see the MD two hours later, then meet the cousin two hours later, then go home, do chores and drive to airport at 10 PM. So a good day to visit Starbucks for on-line things, read or crochet between appointments.
 
Here are some fun thoughts all lumped together.
 
When we were one vacation once we saw the sign below at a coffee shop. A print of it now hangs in the "break room" where Bob works.
 
 

In Alaska we saw this sign. I found it especially amusing as they have seasons with very little sun light and some seasons with almost no darkness. The locals told us they found it hard to sleep sometimes and hard to stay awake at other times of the year.

 
So here I am drinking AWAKE! tea and trying to stay warm. The winds outside are howling and the flags are standing straight out. I wondered where the fan was creating a draft and then I realized that sitting next to the picture windows was not a terrific idea...light yes, cold breeze, yikes!
 
So I guess these signs are not just a flash from the past as I saw the first one in yet another shop. Fooey! I thought we had found something unique!
Here is some fun food for thought. My granddaughters, the "Grandgirls", both have iPod touch. They are in elementary school and computer savvy somewhat beyond me! One has learned cursive. One probably will not.
 
 
If you read my blog often you know I am interested in science and nature. I always wanted a high powered microscope so I could watch Amoebae, Paramecium and the like. This made me grin!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. the musings of a wandering mind..good stuff and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing each of those cartoons and I've seen both signs. Fun post.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.