Saturday, February 23, 2013

Keeping Vigil with the Mystery, Now Will You?

One morning recently this song was ringing through my soul. It comes from a CD entitled "Seven Sacred Pauses, Singing Mindfully Dawn Through Dark." Once I located the CD and played the song I had to hear if 6-8 times before my soul would settle down. I wanted to let you hear it, but I cannot find it on-line to link for you.
 
These are the lyrics for KEEPING VIGIL WITH THE MYSTERY
(Macrina Wiederkehr, Velma Frye)
 
My heart can see into the darkness.
And my prayer travels deep,
where the Eternal One waits.
With love I listen,
keeping vigil with the Mystery,
With the One who waits for me.
I am with the One who waits for me.
Are you aware that Someone is waiting for you? Ponder those lyrics and pursue them into your own prayer time.
 
Spurgeon wrote:
How is it with my spiritual journey, am I labouring up the hill of my own works and down into the ravines of my own humiliations and resolutions, or do I run by the plain way of "Believe and live"? How blessed is it to wait upon the Lord by faith! The soul runs without weariness, and walks without fainting, in the way of believing. Christ Jesus is the way of life, and He is a plain way, a pleasant way, a way suitable for the tottering feet and feeble knees of trembling sinners: am I found in this way, or am I hunting after another track ...?
How often have I not responded to the One Who waits for me? Do you know that God is waiting for you to respond to the love and grace extended to you?
 
Will you yield, now?
 
Here is a song that moved my heart years ago. I think it spurred me into a deeper relationship with the One Who waits. I could not find a good recording of it or how to get permission to print the lyrics here. So I hope I do not offend anyone by sharing this terrific song. I think I heard a recording by Twila Paris, but it is most often listed by Steve Green.
 
You've heard the words, And know they're true
And now they ring inside of you.
They're calling you to come away
Now will you come or stay?
You want to, now will you
You want to now will you?

The truth that burns within you
Like a bed of fiery coals
Contains that power to liberate
A thousand captive souls
But if the truth will ever set you free
Depends on you

You want to, now will you
You want to now will you?
Words and Music by Jon Mohr, Copyright 1986 Jonathan Mark Music/Birdwing Music (ASCAP)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.