Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flo's Eight Secrets and Summary For A Long, Well-lived Life

I got my annual letter from my dear friend, Flo, in Lexington. She included this list in her letter. I found it encouraging and challenging. I hopeyou will read it through!
 
Flo's answers to the question: "What is your secret for a long, well-lived life?"
 
First Secret: I was blessed to have been born into a Christian family whose members lived their faith.
 
Second Secret: Having a deep faith and love of God with a personal a relationship with Jesus Christ and daily appropriating in my life the power of His Holy Spirit, which includes a quiet time alone with Him in praying, reading my Bible and listening.
 
Third Secret: Living in love and having love returned to me by family and friends.
 
Fourth Secret: Being an active participant in several Christian communities, and having a ministry of prayer.
 
Fifth Secret: Choosing to live with an attitude of gratitude for my life, family, friends, place I am living, and the beauty in all of God's creation.
 
Sixth Secret: Intentionally cultivating the friendship of those younger than myself, as well as having friends my own age and older. Purpose: So I don't run the risk of out living all my friends which I saw happen to my grandfather.
 
Seventh Secret: Living healthily and wisely which means eating well, watching portion control, taking extra vitamins and minerals, exercising.
 
Eighth Secret: Learning something new every day.
 
All of these enable me to live into the Joy of the Lord!
 
P.S. A shorter answer would be: I credit the Holy SPirit, the love of God, family and friends, good genes, vitamins and minerals, exercise and help these days from Estée Lauder and Clinique!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Choosing to live with an attitude of gratitude goes a long way..

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.