Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lord's Prayer


Growing up my Mom had a porcelain version of "The Praying Hands" that sort of resembled the photo above. I have no idea what ever happened to it!
Our Pastor has been doing a series on prayer. Unfortunately, I have missed a sermon by being in New Mexico. His teachings on the Lord's prayer reminded me of the contemporary version:
Our Father in heaven
hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our dialy bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive thsoe who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial,
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours,
now and forever. Amen.
Then J. Bill Brent quoted this version by John Fischer which was also set to music. I would love to hear it sometime! I could not find a video to post.
Holy Father hear our prayer
Keep us always in Your care
May Your kingdom come to us
And may we learn how to trust
Do Your will among us now
As we here before You bow
Give to us but what we need
As upon Your word we feed
Keep us from the things that do You wrong
When we're weak because we think we're strong
Save us from our selfish desire
Fill us and with your love inspire
Honor greatness belong to you
Love and peace and mercy too
Praise to you again and again
Have you prayed today? How do you pray the model that Jesus gave us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.