Friday, January 25, 2013

Tamaya Resort

Thursday afternoon we took a lovely walk through the cottonwood trees, along the Rio Grande River, the area called the 'Bosque.' What a gorgeous day in New Mexico! The water was higher than the last time Dan and Betty strolled here. The sky was lovely, the coloring along the ground subtle. The fallen cottonwood leaves captured the light in a way that I thought the camera might ruin. I did not even try to take a photo of that. We did not find cranes, but Canada Geese jumped out of the water, lined up on the bank like soldiers, and then took flight as if to show the girl from Ohio their great formation in case she had never see them!
Below is our view from the patio where we ate our lunch. There was a slight breeze which kept the sun from making us too hot, and reminded us that, yes, this is still January.
Reading Holy Silence yesterday morning the author quoted Tayeko Yamanouchi as saying:
 
As I silence myself I become more sensitive to the sounds around me, and I do not block them out. The songs of birds, the rustle of the wind, children in the playground, the roar of an airplane overhead are all taken into my worship ... I think of myself like the tree planted by the "rivers of water" in Psalm 1, sucking up God's gift of life and being restored.
The walk together was refreshing. It is lovely to be in the company of friends who do not require constant conversation. We observed the light in the trees fallen and still growing, the rolling waterway, the earth.
 
During our lunch the laborers were working on the roof next door and their compressor putted and snorted throughout our lunch. But even that distraction could not distract from the grandeur and great silence of the Sandia mountains.
 
Another New Mexico memory formed, complete with a great bar-b-que lunch from the "Bosque-Q' at the resort.
 

2 comments:

  1. I think you must have been the same place Dan and Betty and one of their friends were..what a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.