Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Drawn to the Fountain of Life

Words of wisdom from Oswald Chambers. Wish I could have met and and known the man in person!

The most important rule for us is to concentrate on keeping our lives open to God. Let everything else including work, clothes, and food be set aside. The busyness of things obscures our concentration on God. We must maintain a position of beholding Him, keeping our lives completely spiritual through and through. Let other things come and go as they will; let other people criticize us as they will; but never allow anything to obscure the life that “is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). Never let a hurried lifestyle disturb the relationship of abiding in Him. This is an easy thing to allow, but we must guard against it. The most difficult lesson of the Christian life is learning how to continue “beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord . . . .”

So how might we do this in a day to day rhythm? Each time you sip a beverage, focus on Him, Use your life circumstances to journey towards Him. Make "keeping your life open to God" the first and strongest priority. There is an old hymn that goes "Open my eyes that I may see glimpses of truth thou hast for me; place in my hands the wonderful key that shall unclasp and set me free. Silently now I wait for thee, ready my God, they will to see. Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine!

My prayer today is that you and I might open our lives to God in a deeper, truer way, that His name might be glorified in and through us.




1 comment:

  1. well written..sometimes I cannot tell where the quote ends and your thoughts begin...

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.