Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nothing is Too Hard for God

2 COR 4:6-7 "For it its God who said, "Let light shine our of darkness," who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us."
 
Recently while praying for someone my heart was heavy and I asked the Lord to show me HOW to pray for that person. He graciously reminded me of 2 COR 4 (which, by the way, I am trying to memorize this year). He showed me this person floundering in darkness and asked if I would just pray that she would be wrapped in His light. As Lord of the Universe he is able to MAKE light shine out of darkness. Nothing is too difficult for God.
Jeremiah 32:17 “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
So I continue in prayer for her. I light a candle in the house as a reminder to stay in prayer asking the Lord to bathe her in light, surround her in His light, invade her darkness with the light of Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Praying in accordance as He has shown me has brought me a curious sense of peace. Then I heard in my dream that this person was going to have "reticular surgery." The second time this was impressed upon me I looked up reticular. My iPad dictionary defines reticular as an adjective saying: 1. Resembling a net in form; netlike: reticular tissue. 2. Marked by complexity; intricate. Bob thinks it refers to an eye surgery. I began to blow off the dream and then in prayer began to realize that the Lord is about to perform the surgery and my prayer that the eyes of her heart be opened may be on the horizon.
Now who was blown away? This Ohio woman. So my candle is lit to remind me to intercede. The Lord is at work even when I do not know it. i saw this in calligraphy at the Convent last autumn. It rings through my heart now!
"Landrum P. Leavell wrote, "Have you ever thought that light is aggressive? It is. When you open a curtain in a lighted room to the outside darkness, light spills out - darkness does not spill in. The light pushes back the darkness." Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. MT 5:14 NIV"
Even so, my Lord, push back the darkness and open the eyes of those who sit in darkness. (Isaiah 9:2) The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. (Mt 4:16) Help them focus on Your goodness and care for them. Draw them into Your Kingdom. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I was wrong..reticular surgery is for varicose veins..well written Ms Molly.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.