Friday, January 4, 2013

Elliot's Biography of Amy Carmichael

I read this book last year and was so blessed that I turned down some pages to copy quotes form. Just now getting to it!



“By July 10 she was comfortably ensconced in a room of the China Inland Mission in Shanghai. She made it her own by hanging family photos and the mottoes she cherished:

FAITH IS THE VICTORY, CHRIST THE CONQUEROR, NOT I BUT CHRIST, JUST FOR TODAY          

and a single embroidered word, RABBONI, Mary’s word when she saw the risen Christ: My Master!

On the table lay a calendar with the words, “The Lord thinketh upon me.” She reminded her correspondents of the million a month dying without Christ in China, and the eighty thousand dead of plague in Hong Kong in the previous few weeks.”

‘To any whom the Divine Hand is beckoning: count the cost, for He tells us to, but take your slate to the foot of the Cross and add up the figures there.’”

I am trying to simplify my life this year and my notorious desk. (Bob will be cheering when he reads that because he sees it every day!)  Perhaps I can adorn it with these or similar sayings of inspiration.

Better yet, see tomorrow's blog for a meditation idea from a long ago Christian tract in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.