Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Silence and Holy as the Day is Spent

Reading more from J. Brent Bill I was struck by the reminder that "Jesus is everywhere. Silence helps us see that. Holy silence shows us God's wants of us. It infuses us with God's spirit and power so that we can live faithfully in life's common ventures."
Then to give an example of how the Lord makes each day holy, he quoted a song I had never heard before. I hope you enjoy the YouTube version!
The lyrics start
Holy is the dish and drain
The soap and sink, and the cup and plate
And the warm wool socks, and cold white tile
Shower heads and good dry towels
And frying eggs sound like psalms
Witha bit of salt measured in my palm
It's all a part of a sacrament
As holy as a day is spent.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.