Thursday, March 7, 2013

When I turned 62 ....

I found this lovely collection of thoughts done in calligraphy for sale at the Transfiguration Spirituality Center. I used some of the money my mother-in-law had sent for my birthday to purchase and frame it. I thought about taking a photograph, but now we have it framed under glass and the reflection would probably be too much. So here is what Gail Kittelson wrote and Holly Monroe made into calligraphy. Here is her website http://www.hollymonroe.com/

 
The older I get ..
The more I notice outrageous beauty of stars and moon against the sky.
The softer a baby's skin feels
The less panicky I am during sleepless nights.
The less easy answers I have.
The hungrier I am for connectedness.
The less I know, the more I wonder.
The longer I linger in snowfalls.
The kinder I am with weakness
The mroe honest I am with myself
The mroe I understand children's logic
The less rigid I am
The mightier the ocean seems each time I visit
The less I wonder how old I'll be someday
The more hugs I give
The gentler I am with myself
The less I think of what I think
The faster I clean my house
The wiser I long to be
The more I realize how impatient I've always been with life
The more opportunites I see in each day
The more I pray
The more I think about the miraculous gift Beethoven gave to the world
The less I think of what others think
The closer I feel to old, old friends
The more natural prayer seems
The more I enjoy a simple cup of tea
The hotter I draw my bath water and the longer I lie in it
T-h-e l-o-n-g-e-r I l-i-s-t-e-n
The wider beth I give to sorrow in the grand scheme of things
The younger in spirit I feel
The quieter my inner self becomes
The greater my appreciation of HARMONY
The more time I spend looking at stained glass windows
The more comfortabe I am with solitude
The more I see good coming out of difficulties
The more grateful I am to be alive
The more beautiful I am becoming.


May our aging be filled with grace.


 

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.