Friday, March 8, 2013

Being Shaped Here Below

Charles George Gordon wrote:

What comforts me is the thought that we are being shaped here below into stones for the heavenly temple, -that to be made like Him is the object of our earthly existence. He is the shaper and carpenter of the heavenly temple. He must work us into shape, our part is to be still in His hands; every vexation is a little chip; also we must not be in a hurry to go out of the quarry, for there is certain place for each stone, and we must wait till the building is ready for that stone; it would put out the building if we were taken pell-mell.

 

Isaiah 51:1 “Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;

 
 
In silence the temple was built? At least without the chisels and hammers shaping the stones.
 

1 Kings 6:7 In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built.

How would our attitude change if in silence we let the Holy Spirit shape and work us into the shape of Its choosing? Perhaps the Holy Spirit uses living water and circumstances to shape and mold us?
 
I once heard and then wrote down this praise chorus:
Rub me smooth, rub me smooth,
By Your Living Water rub me smooth.
I am a sharp stone
Quarried from the earth,
By Your Living Water
Rub me smooth.
Allelu, Allelu, by Your Living water rub me smooth
I am a sharp stone
Quarried from the earth,
By Your Living Water
Rub me smooth.



More another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.