Wednesday, March 6, 2013

May 9, 2012 Alaska

Here are some thoughts and sights I noted as we toured Alaska last spring. As the national news discussed the effects of heavy snow upon your roof in the recent snow storms in the midwest, I was reminded that I never shared these observations.
I was musing on how the winter weather had left its effects upon the landscape.
 
Bent birch
Uprooted trees
Snow damaged roofs
Mountain views
Sprinkles of rain. But no rainbow yet
Many lakes large and small
Swampy, marsh areas
Spanish moss in trees
 
Some of those things, like Spanish Moss in the trees, I never imagined I'd find in Alaska!
Genuine FLOCKING in trees!
Imagine when it melts!
 
Stop sign above!
 
 
The only cleared area out of sight of the road (where I could pee) on one drive we made!
 
I would not want to live in that much dark and snow! It was gorgeous and wild, though!
 

1 comment:

  1. Yep, wonderful place to visit, but I couldn't handle the winters - or the flies and mosquitoes in the early summer.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.