Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cove Hardwood Flowers


April 3, 2001 I wrote the following while doing our great wildflower hunt in Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Looking forward to another trip this year!


Soak me in the greens, Lord.
My winter starved eyes
Are anxious for every shade.
Shoots, sprouts, and
Fiddleheads of two colors!

Delight my soul and
Refresh my insight
White Star Chickweed,
Bloodroot, Anemone.

Never was white on green
So welcome a sight!

Trout Lily, Britches,
Even the Lichen
Join chorus with river on rocks.

He lives!  He lives in me!
The mystery of resurrection
As life fills my
Winter dead eyes.

These photos were taken in the "green space" of our subdivision. Then Bob asks, "Why do we go to the Smokey's? " And I remind him that we have not found lady's slippers here and WE NEED TO GET AWAY!










2 comments:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.