Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Skin Thing

Well I saw a dermatologist and she did biopsy three places. I keep going back to the injection. "Prescribing Literature" inserted in the box reads:

"In a large clinical trial of over 7800 women with postmenopausal osteoporosis, epidermal and dermal adverse events such as dermatitis, eczema, and rashes occurred at a significantly higher rate in the Prolia group compared to the placebo group, Most these events were not specific to the injection site. Consider discontinuing Prolia if severe symptoms develop."

She has the right idea!

I knew I was trouble when every time I was in the kitchen and picked up a sharp instrument to cook with I wondered how far down my back or leg that would reach!

 Might have to get one of these, too!

 Leave it to the Native Americans to get it done right!


My most frequent conversations with Bob lately ...

Ya think??! Yes, I have considered discontinuing Prolia, and reconsidered ad nauseum. If I knew some way to get it out of my system, I might pursue that, too.

Meanwhile, I await biopsy results, swallow anti-itch drug that makes me dizzy, stay off the roads while drugged and try not to scratch. My cousin mentioned once that she would like a bamboo back scratcher with the "finger nail area" sharpened into points. Maybe I will pursue that project!

Or just cut off all my fingernails and try to rub on occasion. Nah, the metal one looks like a better idea.



2 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm sure Bob makes a good scratcher. Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.