Saturday, May 18, 2013

Yes, I am Pouting

It just never ends, does it?
Rowan was sick last Monday so I went to Silver Sneakers in an effort to boost my activity level and get some energy back. Exercise is the #1 treatment for fibromyalgia. I tried to take it easy in the class and not push myself. At the end of class the instructor leads us in stretches. One move was very BAD for me.
 
A couple years ago I had a 'bulging disc" in my back. Three injections of cortisone and physical therapy to get the inflammation gone. I have not gone to an exercise class since then. Well, this one stretch made my back flare up on the left side instead of the right this time. I did not even know I had hurt myself until about 4:30 that afternoon when aching began. Nothing has helped, so I finally called the doctor Friday and asked if I could take the anti inflammatory again. She said yes, but if I start itching I should discontinue.
 
 
Now the challenge here is the itching has not ended. I am better, but not cured. Had so much pain Monday night it was very difficult to sleep. Another sleepless night last night. Sleep disturbance makes fibro worse and does not help arthritis either.
 
 
So more rest, asking for more prayer here, more patience, and no more stretches at Silver Sneakers. I will not return to the class until I can move without back pain. That may take a while!
 
I will try to take a step or two back and rest more. I was just getting my head around pacing my self, walking and moving more, daily writing practice, a little gardening, a little data entry. Hard to beat off the blues.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. But the pout is so cute..yes you jumped in a little too fast. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.