Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trouble in Our Lives

Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "Trouble creates a capacity to handle it ... meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it."

The old saying that misery loves company is only too true. Recently in my journal I wrote:
"And so misery invited agony who brought along distraction and insomnia. ....Coping is so hard with the pain and undercurrent of itching. When I explode over other irritations I seem irrational, but there is no more patience left in me. The Spirit must provide it as fruit now.  Helplessness wants to invite hopelessness in for a visit and I am asking the Lord to bar the way."

All the pain relief drugs are out of my system and I am a painful mess. Please pray that I will develop the capacity to handle this trouble. People have had arthritis and fibromyalgia for years and coped. Come, Holy Spirit, and show me how.

Now I know why Grandma Snapp was so grumpy! 
(The photo below is NOT Grandma Snapp)









2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You're in good company - Jesus.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard..self portrait 30 years in the future??

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.