Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Drawn up Short

Drawn up short: to bring or to come to a stop suddenly or abruptly
 
Again, I am at this place of how do I possibly live with this chronic pain and not take the heavy drugs prescribed for me? The drugs designed to trick my brain into thinking the pain is not so bad. The drugs that mess with my brain chemistry.
Reminded of Shawn McDonald's lyric from "Rise."
"Well I keep on coming to this place
That I don't know quite how to face
So I lay down my life in hopes to die
That somehow I might rise."
Trying to lay down my concepts and ideas of how to live and instead pick up what The Lord has for me.
 
During the struggle this morning, I was reminded of this song. I learned the melody as a child and these lyrics when my first born was still an infant. I shared them with Hawley when Tina came along. He used to sing them "Please, be still..."
 
Braham's Lullaby melody with these lyrics:
 
 
"Peace, be still.
Peace, be still,
Lo, I am with you always.
All sustaining, ever-caring,
All abiding Life and Love.
Peace, be still.
Peace, be still,
In the Presence of God.
He will guide
And protect,
Rest in God's arms of Love."
 
And so, I will try to do just that.
Again I declare:
 

"I have determined that this day, each time I am drawn up short by pain, I will praise You, for I love You better than life - even better than quality of life.

And I will add this declaration:
"I have determined that this day, each time I am drawn up short by pain, I will breathe, "Peace, be still", for You are with me always.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.