Saturday, June 8, 2013

Owls and My True Love

Conference last night in our back yard. Turn up the volume to hear the meeting notes.


There were at least 3 Barred Owls in the treetops, though I never saw a one! Compare this YouTube video for sound!


When I was growing up I loved to watch Debbie Reynolds in the Tammy movies. I memorized and learned to pick out the melody on our piano for "Tammy's in Love." When I met Bob this song welled up within my soul. In about four weeks we will have known each other 43 years. Now we hear owls in our yard and the wedded bliss continues! Cottonwoods remind me of the Cookseys though there is also one in the local UDF fence line and I used to wait under one for my ride to high school!  Just fill in the name Tammy with Molly!


I hear the cottonwoods whisperin’ above
“Tammy … Tammy…
Tammy’s in love”
The ole hooty-owl
hooty-hoots to the dove
“Tammy … Tammy…
Tammy’s in love”

Does my lover feel
What I feel
When he comes near?
My heart beats so joyfully
You’d think that he could hear
Wish I knew if he knew
What I’m dreamin’ of
“Tammy … Tammy…
Tammy’s in love”


2 comments:

  1. Cool. I love to hear owls singing.

    Thanks for sharing. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know how I slept through it..and thanks for the song..long ago and far away!

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.