Wednesday, June 26, 2013

GRANDCHILDREN

In spite of the heat and the relentless aging of my body, these grandchildren keep opening forgotten springs within me. I have had all 4 girls to Cincinnati Nature Center recently. I will take Rowan soon.
The delight of feeding fish and turtles carries on to another generation!
 
 
They also stir old chant from memory. In the grocery I began telling Ellie, "Left, left, left, right, left." That led to (can you remember?) I left my wife, alone in the kitchen, with 48 children, and nothing but gingerbread, left, left, ...You may know other rhymes for that march.
 
Then in the car after our errands I asked Lizzie if they ever played the game, "A, my name is Alice, and my husband's name is Al, and we live in Alabama where we sell apples." We took turns working the alphabet all the way home.
 
Hope your summer is great, too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.