Monday, June 24, 2013

Trying to discern the best way

With so many of the promises of God there is human resistance and that applies to this one, too. Most often the verses I cling to seem to end with the warning that the people or person refused, would not, dug in their heels, went the other way, i.e., ignored the Lord's advice.
 
Seeking my way through the decisions about medication for chronic pain, the alternatives, the other available treatments besides medications, this verse came to mind.
 
Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the Lord says:“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
 
I keep asking "How have people managed this sort of pain for hundreds of years without the heavy medications?" Some answers are, "They hunkered down and bit the bullet." Guess I need to buy a bullet! "They were grumpy and suffered through it." Look out Grandkids! Now I KNOW why Grandma Snapp was so grouchy. She did not feel good. "Their suffering inspired years of research to find the best treatments and that includes these drugs." Oh.
 
So I ask for your prayers as I stand at the crossroads and look and ask for the paths, ancient or new, where the good way is and I try to walk in it. To some it may seem I am making too big a deal over this. But they fail to understand it is difficult physically and mentally to get on these medications and also difficult to titrate off them again. Having gone on and then off gabapentin in about nine months' time, I do not relish being hasty in this decision.
 
 
 
Meditation and prayer with a cuddly blankie... or "B" as Rowan calls it.
 
Might I find an encouraging support group that is not just grupy people complaining but talking about WHAT WORKS?
 
Please pray.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I will certainly pray..you seem to have surrounded yourself with many choices...and combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.