Monday, June 17, 2013

Not by Hearsay

 
"The grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but experience.
And that is what makes all the difference."
Thomas Merton Thoughts in Solitude
 
Have you been silent lately? I have had difficulty getting myself still and quiet for listening for a week or so. There is a lot going on over here. But I know that "In returning and rest I am saved; in quietness and trust is my strength."
 
Our summer schedule has changed again. Rowan all day Monday then Grandgirls overnight and here all day Tuesday.
 
Last week the girls and I made a roasted turkey and a new-to-me pesto with parsley, fresh oregano, sage and even mint! It was tasty though not as oily as the other recipe I use. Will make it again! Ellie loved chopping things like carrots and celery. Lizzie enjoyed stripping off the leaves for the pesto. Tuesday we will make pizza for lunch from scratch. Pizza is Lizzie's current favorite food.
 
Grateful that The Lord can speak to me even in the midst of the grandkiddos!
 
May all your experiences of God not be by hearsay.

1 comment:

  1. What a good Grammy..the girls will not forget the lessons as they grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.