Saturday, July 21, 2012

Once Again, Where have I been?


Well, I have had quite an adventure this summer, if you like medical dramas. 
I had the two molars pulled June 20. Five days later when I blew my nose and got bubbles in my mouth on the left side. I called the oral surgeon. They said the root of that molar had penetrated my sinus and I was supposed to be following the instructions they gave me for care of the situation. Problem #1: they never gave me those instructions. Went to their office for the missing "special instructions", another Rx for pain medication and one for antibiotics. I had gotten down to a low dose of pain reliever, but was having trouble coping with the pain at that dose. 
I saw my regular dentist the next day. He assured me that only a small percentage of people have this occur. He said an even smaller percentage of those people have lingering sinus problems like infection from the event. Went back to see oral surgeon Wednesday morning. He took an x-ray, packed the socket with gauze soaked in clove oil. Not a single word of apology about his failure to inform me of the complication. I was furious. Well, one of the side effects of the pain medication is I cry very easily. I also cry when I get really mad! So I left his office vowing he would never touch me again. And I cried part of the way home. 
Ran some errands on the way home. At the grocery store I chose a cart that was sitting outside. To my surprise, in the child's seat was a plastic bookmark with a pink tassel. It said, "The only constant in life is change." Oh! so true. I went home to unload the car, let the dog out, and take a nap.
When I tied the dog out I fell in the driveway with a bag of bagels in each hand and broke my left arm!

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.