Monday, July 30, 2012

Wonder Who?

I am able to see that 5, 6, even 7 people read the blog. I wonder who they are?







This is the final week of wearing the cast. It comes off August 6. I am scheduled to participate in leadership at an Ignatian Spirituality Project retreat August 11-12. There is a link at the end of the blog to watch a video about this retreat. Please pray I am able to participate. So much had to be canceled this summer because of my health, including my participation in the July ISP retreat! I am hoping to not be on drugs and able to help, pray, and present a part of this program in August.

In the meantime, I am trying to store away the fabric I bought last spring to make a quilt, give away yarns I know I will never use, keep up with the laundry (folding is a challenge), meals, etc.

For the rest of the summer I am titrating up on a drug to aid with chronic pain.
This feels sort of like having Gregory House play games with medication to see what happens! The first drug the doctor tried had nasty side effects. I finally got to the target dose and had a splitting headache every evening and often an evening pulse of 120!
Now I have titrated off (gradually stepped down) that drug and another doctor is trying yet another drug. Brain chemistry is tricky and not too fun for the patient!! If you read the side effects information you about want to clamp your jaw shut and never swallow the stuff! But 2012 has taught me that I hit my limit on chronic pain coping mechanisms. I am in NEED of medicinal intervention. So bare with me if you find me slightly changed.

Hope this plays for you okay! It is a powerful project. We ask your prayers for participants and leaders!

The Ignatian Spirituality Project from Jesuit Conference USA on Vimeo.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.