Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Broken Arm in the ER

Obviously in pain and beat up, Bob checked me into the ER. He stayed with me as long as he could. After the doctor confirmed the break,  I began texting friends to pray and asked one friend posted my request on Facebook for me. The doctor reviewed the x-rays and said he was referring me to a hand surgeon. Hr gave me more pain medication in the ER and a prescription for more at home. The radius was broken two times, possibly three, very close to the wrist. He said the surgeon would decide the next step. I was to get an appointment with him asap.

The splinted my arm from fingers to elbow with a "sugar tongs" splint and put me in a sling. This photo is not me! My arm was much too painful to lift like this!
I called Bob when they were finished with me. He left the laboratory and went out to the parking lot to get his car and take me home. The car would not start!

He came back in and told me the problem. He went over to the lab to borrow someone's car to take me home. As he was loading me into the front seat we were amazed as Cathy Vaughn from our church came walking up the driveway asking, "Is there any way I can help?" Oh joy!! Her timing was perfect. Bob drove me to her car in another part of the lot. He went back to work.

Cathy took me home, got me in the house with papers and phones and ice packs, a cold beverage and into bed. Finally, I got my nap!

Bob called our adult children cancelling our childcare plans with the 3 Grandchildren that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.