Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Wonder of Our God

I came across a handwritten card in the basement when I was trying to clean up the sewing room yesterday. The verse I had noted on the card was Zeph 3:17. IT SEEMED LIKE A TIMELY REMINDER for this the last day of July as I enter the last week, hopefully, of having a cast on my arm.

NIV Zephaniah 3:16-17 Jerusalem will be told: "Don't be afraid.Dear Zion,don't despair. Your God is present among you,a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs. The Lord your God is with you,the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”



MSG Zephaniah 3:16 Jerusalem will be told: "Don't be afraid.Dear Zion,don't despair. Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs.




ESV Zephaniah 3:16-17 On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:“Fear not, O Zion; let not your hands grow weak. The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.




I have been text messaging 2 younger ladies in our church. Yesterday we hit upon the theme of singing, especially "And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own."







I find it truly amazing that the Lord of all creation stoops to calm me with His love and delights over me with songs. Listen carefully in your heart today. See if you can discern His song over you. May you be blessed with an increased awareness of His presence.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.