Sunday, May 13, 2012

LET Devotional #7

I am to be a co-laborer, co-worker, yoked to Jesus for cooperation in Kingdom building. Have you seen a nursery school class on an outing? Little tiny kids holding hands to make a chain, each one paired to his/her 'buddy'? That is as close as most of us will get to the idea of being yoked to Jesus. Linked with Him for cooperation in Kingdom building.

How does this start after I decide to make Him my Lord and King? The building begins with the sanctuary of my heart, sanctified, set apart for His use, a dwelling place for God. I clear a place in my life and heart and soul for God to build His kingdom. He begins on the throne of my heart.Ephesians 2:8-10 reads:
" For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
As the Lord sits on the throne of my heart, I am to take charge of how my mind and heart are occupied. I become God's workmanship, His project, where He displays His craft and skill. Not by my performance and efforts, but as He rules and directs and reigns in me, His glory shows forth. I have a responsibility to let Him have His own way within me.

 God, I want to cooperate with You. I want to be Your co-laborer, co-worker.  Yoke me to Jesus and do Your work within me. Show me what You have prepared in advance for me to do. Give me the courage and faith to do your will. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.