Friday, May 11, 2012

LET Devotional #5

New American Standard 1 COR 3:6-11 reads:
I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. 7 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. 9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.
 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. 11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
We are God's fellow workers! What a refreshing idea! I labor, I work WITH God. That means, as He is a being superior to me in all ways, I can look to Him for a plan and instruction. I don't have to exert myself trying to make a design, I just need to work with Him.  Cooperation with God is paramount! I am to be careful how I build upon His foundation.


We all have patterns in our behavior. It is important to reflect upon your own patterns and be certain they are in keeping with God's plan for you and His foundation. He has created a foundation of truth, the groundwork for a heaven-like mansion.

Are you building a shanty or a lean-to upon it? Let each man and woman be careful how he/she builds upon the foundation which is Jesus Christ.

Father, show me what it means to co-labor with You. I want to be Your field and Your building. According to the grace You have given me, help me to be a wise builder. I will, with Your help. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.