Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LET Devotional #9

MT 19: 13-14 "Then little children were brought to Jesus for Him to place His hands on them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "LET the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Are we willing to let ourselves drop our masks and regain our childlike innocence? Without questioning, judging, weighing all the facts, can we just come to Jesus with trust and faith in His goodness, like a child with a trusted parent? Have we practiced our sophistication and polished our social exterior so long that we cannot begin to stand in honest trust and without pretense before our heavenly Father? No, we are not to become childlike in all our ways, but like a child. What do you know of children? How do you perceive their whimsical and simple ways? Are you like that in your most important relationship of all, the on with eternal ramifications? Are you willing to be made childlike if you haven't been that way in the recent past?

I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. PS 131:2
I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.  MK 10:15
Like newborn babes crave the pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation 1 PET 2:2

Lord, I am a child inside. Help me to approach You as the child that I am. I put down all my masks and come to You for love and power to live life joyfully. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.