Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Do, I Do

There was a popular but sort of obscure musical called "I Do, I Do." It presented the challenges of marriage, child bearing, child raising and growing old together in a humorous musical light. Bob had the album and we listened to it often when we were first married and later in life. Finally, we loaned it to a school drama group and never saw it again :-(

Here are some song clips from a "house tape" made at a theater in Chicago. The first song is the one I was thinking of when I went looking on-line, so if you don't take the time to listen to all of it, you will still get my point.



As I deepen my relationship with Christ the "I DO" becomes more and more important. He calls us to Intimacy with Him, Dependence upon Him, and Obedience to Him. I find myself saying "I DO" to Him on deeper and deeper levels and living in those three ways as He directs my steps.  The changes in me are almost more than I can put in words. The song says there is a strange new world that you enter when you say I do. Synchronicity here! I keep finding the wonders of His Kingdom and the grace and compassion of His person drawing me deeper and deeper in friendship and love.
I pray you are blessed this way as you yield to Him and say, "Yes, Lord. Be it unto me according to Your will."

2 comments:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.