Saturday, May 26, 2012

Alaska Wildlife

We were days at first without seeing a moose. We saw one dead one in a ditch, but it did not count.

Then we saw an eagle, a ground squirrel, caribou, willow ptarmigan (State bird) porcupine, sled dogs, FINALLY MOOSE, more eagles, otters as black spots on ice. We never did spot a beluga whale or other large ocean beings.



 

Sled dogs of Denali

 

Rock Ptarmigan - thse birds have feathers on legsand feet to help them survive the winter!
I'll post the otters tomorrow as the site does not want to cooperate. I'll also show you a moose that must be the dumbest or boldest one in Alaska!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Can't wait to see more.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sure like to go with you next time...it's nice to relive some of the highlights.

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.