Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let Your Light Shine

In Matthew 5 verses 14-16 Jesus says: "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

I wonder if you know that Brownie/Girl Scout song?
"I've got something in my pocket
It belongs across my face,
I keep it very close at hand,
In a most convenient place."
 I changed the next part a little:
"I bet you wouldn't guess it
If you guessed a long, long while
So I'll take it out and put it on,
It's my secret life with God."
Most of us are best at showing who Jesus is in us when we are unconscious He is showing. As God transforms us into the image of His character, people see. Some wonder why you look, act, or seem different. We can clear up their wondering by giving praise and glory to our Lord, giving credit to Him for our SELF being changed. As they watch and learn that the power within us is also beyond us, and available to them, they to will learn to praise our Father in heaven.

Jesus, give me courage to LET Your light shine through me. Help me not to hide Your light within me as some great cosmic secret. Shine forth! And bring glory to Your name. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.