Wednesday, October 17, 2012

His Word and Gratitude

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts and to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." COL 3:16
 
When we come together to worship do we let the word of Christ dwell in us richly, or are we more likely to approach our church gathered time in carnal ways? In my flesh I am prone to judge your clothing, pick at your behaviors, and generally 'flesh out.' Paul teaches us in his letter to the Colossians that we are to come together filled with the word of Christ, ready to teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and I might add, in and with all love. When my heart is full of gratitude to God I am less likely to even notice what you are wearing or how you appear. When I stay conscious that I am to do all in the name of the Lord Jesus my tongue is bridled and my heart is closer to Him and to you.
 
Next time you are getting ready to meet with your church family try to come prepared with His word and your gratitude. It makes a heaven-like difference.
 
Father, help us to come to Your house prepared the way You teach us through Your word. Set us free from the many carnal strongholds we entertain. Show us how to love You as Jesus loves You. Amen.
 

1 comment:

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.