Friday, June 15, 2012

Did you know?


http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/376/153/404/404153376_267.JPGDid you know that partial dental plates only last about 15 years? Well, the bad news is mine is crumbling. Frankly, I am ready to pull all the remaining teeth and be done with it. My dentist and husband say not yet. So next week I get a back molar that has been filled and crowned multiple times pulled. When that heals we then INVEST in a new upper partial plate for me. My partial now (which is being repaired for about $85) is metal and has not quite this many teeth. (No these are not my dental impressions, but stock photos from Google!)
The new partial will be this other material "Valplast." Remaking an entire new one runs over $1,000.

I tell you, with this body "It is always SOMETHING!" They said after 40 it was "Patch, patch, patch." There must be a saying about over 60! May be "rebuild, rebuild, rebuild?"

So if you see me me the next few weeks with a swollen cheek or unusual gaps in the side of my smile now you know what is going on!

Molly, she is not exactly the Cheshire Cat these days!

3 comments:

  1. And now it has been increased to TWO extractions next Wednesday. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least for a day I will get a word in edgewise!!I would not trade places for you even if the rebuilt is better than the original...

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.