Saturday, March 31, 2012

Yes, we are getting caught up in the thing!


This video shows some of the uses. Enjoy!! I love the instrumental hymn in the background, (Wonderful Words of Christ), though obviously made in the Orient.

The press is not exaggerating when they say the "Star Walk" app is wonderful. We uploaded it and within minutes we were outside faces turned to the sky, poking buttons like the kids do to learn how to use it. Found constellations I have never been able to "see" illustrated before me with actual stars in the sky!
Did you know that Venus rises at about 9:13AM and sets at 11:56 PM?
I can choose constellations, the solar system, deep space, stars or satellites from the screen. and get information about all of them in details.
I think we will be spending time face up on the back deck this summer....or further out in the country with less light clutter!

1 comment:

  1. You are really getting into it. That's great. So when is Bob going to get his. Be sure and tell him they have an iPad bracket for bikes so you can watch while you ride.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.