Thursday, December 2, 2010

WAITING FOR THE LORD

Last Sunday evening we attended the healing service at St. Tim's. During the service there was a delightful time to re-collect ourselves before the Lord. Advent is the season of waiting for God. As I read last night, not just the childhood God of Baby Jesus, be the adult God who has promised to always be with us. I found three themes for my prayers, one friend awaiting biopsy results, one friend waiting to see the doctor and my own chronic illness symptoms that wear me down at times.
While sitting quietly I heard this poem:

Cancer and its cohorts
Come marching down the road
In step crunching the gravel
Grinding at the souls of God’s people.

As XXX awaits his test results,
As XXX prepares for his doctor appointment and biopsy

And the angels of the Lord
Stand in the road
Swords of fire and light
Drawn at God’s command
Shielding His children from despair
By the Blood of the Lamb
And the Presence of God
Shouting refrains of
“Hope in the Lord!”
“Trust in the Rock of your salvation.”


The laying on of hands and time for silent prayer and resting before the Lord were terrific!
Monday morning the hymn "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" was rolling through my soul. I listened to several recordings of it as I continued to lift my two friends in prayer.

I sent the poem I heard along to both men. One was told he does not need a biopsy and is being treated with medication. One had test results positive for cancer. His surgery is scheduled for late December. His spirits seem good and he continues to focus upon walking with Christ.

My symptoms are rather like riding ocean waves: wild one day and calm the next. Through it all, God keeps us and encourages us to walk with Him. Invite Him into everything. He is just waiting for your invitation. Are you waiting for Him?

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said my Lady..and the video was a perfect fit..

    rmd

    ReplyDelete

Someone is spamming my gmail account. Do not open something that says I sent you a Google document.